You may still be adding content to your website.
This task really covers a few extra things that you need to have a look at to get your web site up and running.
- Set a static front page rather than having a list of posts. Obviously, if your web site is a blogging site then you do not have to change this setting.
- Create and maintain a menu.
- Using widgets in your site.
You need to think of a topic that you will design your website on:
- This can be a shop.
- An Information site.
- A fan site.
You need to design your website on paper first, by folding an A4 sheet of paper into 8 sections. Your site should have a minimum of 4 pages.
- Get logged in.
- Choose your theme (Appearance>Themes).
- Setup up each of your pages before adding any content.
- When adding content, use the page builder as demonstrated.
Accessing your wordpress site: http://computingdhs.co.uk/yourusername
Login and edit: http://computingdhs.co.uk/yourusername/wp-admin
Each site/user only has 20MB of space.